Dear Members and friends of Lake Sunapee Country Club
We are in the process of making our course and practice facilities safe and Social Distance ready. The NGCOA has created a list of measures to give our golfers confidence that they can drive to the course, park their cars, get to and around the course, and back to the parking lot in as safe an environment as possible.
These measures align with the CDC social distancing and sanitation practices, and have been reviewed and approved by the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
We hope to have the driving range open by early April. The golf course opening will depend on the weather as well as any changes to the New Hampshire CDC guidelines which for now are allowing golf courses to open. When we do open the course and practice facilities we will be taking the following precautions in order to keep our staff, Members and guests safe:
- Please only plan to be at the club to play golf, we unfortunately can’t be a place to congregate or socialize right now. The clubhouse will remain closed as well as the bag storage area. The poolside bathrooms will be open, but we ask you to use them only if you have to. Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers will be placed in the bathrooms. We will be cleaning and disinfecting them frequently.
- There will be no chemical toilets, ball washers, water stations or rakes on the course. Please bring your own filled water bottles to drink and take them home with you. Smooth bunker sand with your shoe. Bunkers will be played with preferred lies.
- No touching the flagstick or cup! The cup will be raised one inch above the ground. If your ball hits the cup and stops within one club length of the hole it is in! Scores can be posted per the USGA.
- The Golf Shop will be closed to Members and their guests. Items you want to purchase will be handed to you by the staff, who will be wearing gloves. Bulk scorecards, pencils and tees will be removed and handed out by the staff. Member charges are encouraged so staff does not have to handle credit cards or cash. Tee times will be spaced out every 16 minutes. Tee times should be made in advance via the telephone. Walk up tee times are discouraged.
- Walking is encouraged. Players who ride will take separate carts. Members must keep their clubs at home and place on the golf cart themselves. When they are finished, golfers should remove any trash from the cart, put their clubs in the car, and return the golf cart. Staff will clean and disinfect the cart upon return.
- The driving range stations will be spread out to separate customers. Golf balls will be cleaned thoroughly after every pick up. Balls will be placed so they can be accessed with a club. No baskets will be available. Do not touch the range balls.
We appreciate everyone’s support in keeping everyone at Lake Sunapee Country Club healthy while trying to offer some normalcy and an escape in the beautiful outdoors during these trying times. We are developing a more detailed “Lake Sunapee Country Club COVID-19 Operational Plan” which will provide additional signage and recommendations.
Craig Gardner and the staff at Lake Sunapee Country Club